The July 4th holiday is upon us. We all have various activities scheduled for the weekend, which may include cookouts, swimming, motor sports, and fireworks. No matter what you have planned, please make safety a part of your weekend.
• An estimated 7,600 fireworks-related injuries treated in U.S. emergency rooms last year.
• Of the injuries sustained, 61% were to males, and 39% were to females.
• 39% percent of the injuries were to individuals younger than 20 years of age.
• Young adults 20 to 24 years of age had the highest rate of fireworks-related injuries.
• There was an estimated 900 emergency injuries associated with sparklers and 400 with bottle rockets.
Make your weekend an enjoyable weekend and not a weekend of tragedy. Let's be safe out there!
Download a PDF of this ToolBox Talks