By Jennifer Truong, Vanessa Hughes, and Britenae Pierce
Risks of terminating an employee with an open workers’ comp claim. This panel discussion is lead by an employment law attorney, workers’ comp attorney, and workers’ comp claim professional. Understand the risks involved with termination, obtain a practical checklist to assist in your termination decision, and refresh your memory on the legal statutes and case law guiding terminations.
Key takeaways include:
- Understand the risks involved with termination.
- Understand the intersection of workers’ compensation and employment law as it pertains to terminations.
- Obtain alternative options for termination where the risks may outweigh the benefit.
- Obtain a practical checklist to assist in your termination decision.
- Have refreshed your memory on the legal statues and case law guiding terminations.