Pollution Prevention requires coordination and onsite management.
The goal is both sustainability and safety.
There are several parallels between safety supervision and construction activity pollution prevention that can make a job site and the surrounding community safer.
The following are a few examples:
- Jobsite safety walks for exterior construction activities
- Trip and fall protection during exterior groundwork and construction.
- Prevention of exposure to chemicals from leaks/spills
- Dust controls to keep particulates out of airways.
- Air quality associated with equipment emissions.
- Erosion and sedimentation control
The employer must have an annual training program for workers exposed to noise at or above an eight-hour time-weighted average of 85 decibels and follow PPE standards.